AutoNaut Ltd is an SME which is developing a new wave propelled unmanned surface vessel technology – the AutoNaut™. The technology has been developed to a commercially viable position and we are now engaged in extending the reliability and long endurance features of the capability while selling to early adopters in the relevant market sectors.
We are recruiting able and enthusiastic staff to enhance the acceleration of the R&D and production programmes. In joining a small, vibrant company you will be involved in many aspects of the business and asked to support activities outside your immediate areas of responsibility, as appropriate to your skills. AutoNaut Ltd offers excellent prospects for rapidly developing your career in an environment where good performance is appreciated and rewarded. The company design office is based in Chichester Marina, while trials and demonstrations are regularly undertaken in Plymouth and regular travel between these venues is likely to be required. AutoNaut Ltd is part of the Seiche Water Technology Group of companies which is based in Okehampton, Devon.
Undertake workshop activities at AutoNaut including production, modification and maintenance of the systems designed, built, and maintained by AutoNaut.
- Carry out and support build of each new boat
- Input to practical design changes, implement and evaluate, feedback to design team
- Maintain and update existing craft
Work includes but is not limited to:
- Fibreglass and epoxy fabrication and repairs
- Hull outfitting
- Painting and anti-fouling components
- Modification of parts
- Test fitting and identifying issues
The candidate should:
- Have practical boat building and manufacturing skills
- Used to working with composites and metals for marine environments
- Be able to assemble components from technical drawings
- Demonstrate a positive approach to working as a team as well as achieving personal goals
- Cooperate with others to work and lead in a safe manner with a clear understanding of health and safety responsibilities
- Work with internal and external customers to deliver excellent customer service in person and remotely
- Work in a flexible and proactive manner to support colleagues, end users and wider business goals.
- Developing positive relationships with customers, peers, and line managers
- Adhering to and participating in company policies and procedures
- Excellent practical skills in all aspects of boatbuilding or composite construction.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, CAD, Powerpoint).
- Ability to understand CAD drawings, line drawings, structural specifications.
- Ability to learn and understand new subjects relevant to AutoNaut
- Strong ‘can do’ work ethic
- Excellent multi-tasking, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines. Calm and logical in a crisis
- Ability to solve technical problems as a team
- Good practical skills and a keen eye for detail
- Approachable character
- Proactive nature
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the multiple priorities
- A depth of knowledge in boatbuilding or composite construction
- Some knowledge of electrical systems
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality procedures
- Experience working in a professional workshop environment
Education & Certification
- Qualification in composite or boatbuilding construction
- Health and Safety qualification or training (desirable but not essential)
Up to £25,000 (dependant on experience)
Core Hours 8.30am-5.00pm with half an hour unpaid lunch break, Monday to Friday, with the occasional need to work overtime to support business and project needs
Inter-company site visit potential (Post COVID-19)
Travel away from home is likely, including overseas
Holiday & Benefits
25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pro-rata for part time employees
5% Employer Pension contribution
Life Assurance (4x Salary)
Bognor Regis, UK
Good Local Transport
Closing Dates for CV’S: 28 May 2021
Shortlisting: w/c 31 May 2021
Interview Date: w/c 07 & 14 June 2021
CVs to be sent to Kelly Holder email@example.com